Thursday, August 16, 2007

Perth - Part 2 - Freemantle

One of my favourite places in Perth is Freemantle... a suburb by the beach where on a clear day you get a gorgeous outline of Rottnest Island.... As soon as it's a nice sunny day in Perth, you can bet that Freemantle is going to be crowded...

It's known for it's cafes, the indoor Freemantle markets and fish and chips!

I took the train down from Perth to Freemantle with some friends and just enjoyed the view along the way...

When we arrived, we headed straight for one of the most well-known fish and chips place in Freemantle, Cicerello's...

We bought a whole heap, found a place to sit and ate away without worrying about calories or fat content.



Spare me the health lecture on how bad this food really is for you... I've given it to myself already.. But I really enjoyed that meal, have no regrets and don't feel guilty!

Of course while I was there I went to the Freemantle Markets, an indoor area with lots of stalls selling all kinds of arts and crafts...

One West Australian artist who's work I love and I've been familiar with her work since the days I was studying in Perth, is Wendy Binks.

Her iconic and most well known painting or image is that of 'a stunned emu'....

I just think it's so cute and gorgeous!



She also does pottery and paints on the plates which can be used in daily life....


She also does other beautiful and such cute paintings of other Australian animals...

I would have loved to have bought one of her stunned emu paintings, but I ended up buying some magnets...

Coming soon. Perth - Part 3 - The Shopping!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool places! maybe i should spend sm time in Perth.. soon.. :D

nana

Anonymous said...

bestnyaa pergi perth! i miss perth too... i was there for 2 yrs je... but fish n chips at Cicerello's mmg the best la kan :)

Anonymous said...

great seeing u without the make up, looked adorable!
puteri santubong;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shasha,

I visited Perth & travelled down South to Albany last April. I enjoyed my holiday & I can't get enough of Fremantle...the next time I go to Perth again, I'm gonna make sure I just sit back & relax at one of the cafes there...

Yati J