Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Gwen Stefani concert...yahoo!!!


As I write this, it's 12.30 am on Wednesday the 22nd of August in KL and if you read this before the newpapers hits the stands, these are probably the first few pictures you will see of Gwen Stefani's concert here in KL! There are not that fantastic or clear, but it will give you an idea....

Of course the place was really crowded!

So what was I expecting from a Gwen Stefani concert?

Number one, of course fabulous costumes! (mesti meletup...kalau tak...fail!)
Number two, awesome, ornate sets

When I arrived and looked at the stage, the first thing that went through my mind was "What an empty stage... kosong betul"

I was expecting to see big gold ornate gilded picture frames and huge ornate chairs... There wasn't a single one in sight....

"Hmmmmm...ok...nevermind..... hopefully she makes up for it in costumes...."

She started the show wearing this really cool black and white outfit.. you can't tell from this picture but the black and white stripes were all glittering!!! I loved it!!!!!



This costume looked a bit strange to me.... I think it was trying to do a modern take on a kimono... it just didn't look comfortable.....



I don' t have a good picture of this but she also wore a gorgeous pair of red shorts which was totally covered in swarovski crystals.... I loved that too!



The song I was waiting for and I'm sure a lot of people were too, was my favourite Gwen song "What are you waiting for?"

Because of the video and because it became obvious to me halfway through the show that she was saving that one for last, I was fully expecting her to come out in a very Galliano for Dior Couture looking gown....

She didn't!!!!! What???!!!!!

Instead she wore a little jumpsuit like she wore for the first song but this time it was blue and black leopard print covered in swarovski crystals as well.....

It's not she didn't have time to change, she was backstage a while before she came out...

Sigh......

Oh well..... I liked pretty much everything though.... I mean, I wouldn't complain at all if she wanted to give me one of her costumes! and after seeing how good her legs look, I feel like I should live in the gym for the next 6 months!

Another item she wore which I loved is this cape like coat/ jacket.... I've seen a picture of Victoria Beckham wearing something like it to.... Hoping ZARA will come up with a version of it!


I still enjoyed the show and am so glad I had the chance to go...

And now, I'm craving more than ever, a TOTALLY SWAROVSKI CRYSTALLED item of clothing....

maybe a jacket.....maybe a skirt....hmmmmm...thinking, thinking......

And who else did I see there....

Two other glitter loving girls....



you rocked the house gwen!


2 comments:

sensei said...

Again you are comparing... probably good legs just runs in her genes hehehe..

Anyway, were there any No Doubt songs performed??

Anonymous said...

Hi Sasha

I guess i could answer the reason as to why Gwen does not appear in 'all the dresses u expected to see from her'. An issue was raised before she even step her foot in Malaysia. Few political parties, of whom i do not want to say out, opposed to her concert. They marked it as one of the reasons why youth today are very bad in behavior and holding a concert will only create more damage to it,or so they said. They criticized on her dressings from video clips. However, Malaysia it self has it's own constituency to handle such matter. Nothing is new, everyone knows it (i think) that before any concerts are to be held, dress codes must be informed to them first. Even when Mariah Carey came to Malaysia last time, the same issue occurred, but they are not stupid either. They know the differences in cultures and actually respected the request not to wear anything to revealing..ended up in mariah carey wearing a baby-t (which i consider a decent attire already)..and now, u saw it urself Sasha, on Gwen..from the photos i see, she was decent..she was reported saying to the news 'this is the first time i get people criticizing and misunderstood my intention only by the looks and video clips'..she is not dumb..her husband's stepmother is a Malaysian anyway..

Regards,
Pearl Ramzi