Saturday, September 23, 2006

Red Shoes..

I love red shoes....

When I was still in school, at age 10 I think, I played the role of Dorothy form the Wizard of Oz in my school, Sri Inai's school play. So of course, the MOST IMPORTANT item of costume was the famed ruby slippers or red shoes. I remember looking in many shops with my mum looking for the perfect pair of red shoes for me to wear. I really wanted glittering ones.... but we were running out of time... and we still couldn't find a pair. The best we found was a pair of red patent leather flat shoes... At least they were shiny...

Besides Cinderella's glass slippers, Dorothys red shoes are probaly the most famous shoes in movie and musical history. I have watched "The Wizard Of Oz" movie SO MANY times, I could still watch again now, and always loved the close up shots of those shoes.... all fantasy filled and glittering, and the most perfect shade of red.... One thing I don't like about the ending of the movie is that she doesn't get to keep the ruby slippers!!

Marilyn Monroe also wore a pair of red shoes with matching glittering plunging neck gown in the movie "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes". This is my favourite Marilyn movie. The costumes play a very big part in this choice. It seems Ferragamo designed and made the red shoes for her for the movie.

what I would give for a pair of shoes like these!!!!

Below is a pic of a pair of shoes I received for my recent birthday as a present. I was so excited when I saw them. I haven't had a chance to wear them yet. Still thinking of the perfect outfit to show off these shoes!!! it definitely won't be long dress of pants.. don't want anything obstructing the view!


I recently spotted these red shoes on the Stuart Weitzman website just recently. I excitedly dropped by the store at KLCC when I went there recently for the Anya Hindmarch launch only to have them tell mke that they are not bringing this design in.....

AAAAAARGH!!! When I asked why, they said cause they don't think it would sell here in Malaysia.... But I would buy them!!!! Sigh...

So I'm still looking for the most perfect fully glittering red pair of shoes in the perfect shade of ruby....

3 comments:

Kartel Records for Joe Flizzow said...

I would buy the weitzmen red shoes too! Hoe pretty are they??? Desire! I'm looking for red sparkly ones pretty much like dorothy's but slightly keyed down on the bling factor. I'll look out for you, you look out for me!!

Kartel Records for Joe Flizzow said...

I would buy the weitzman shoes too!! So pretty! And his shoes are comfy as well. Sigh, sometimes i don't know if the right people have been sent to buy stuff for Malaysia!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sasha,

Stumbled upon your blog thru vernon@mr.manager.

I'm a shoe fetish and I LOVE the red pair u got there!!!!!
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

I'm still keeping my scarlet diamante guiseppe zanotti in it's box tucked safely wif the rest of ma shoes! Tee hee.. Ma precious.

-_-