Tuesday, September 12, 2006

More pics from Art for Nature

Here are more pics from the Art for Nature exhibition at Rimbun Dahan....


This piece was a nice colourful collage of a variety of food packagings, eg bottle caps.. plastic.. as described


" Choy's fantastical collage recalls every casual meal we've ever eaten out"

In other words, to me, all the junk food we've eaten on the run or when there is no other choice! I would hang this in a kitchen...

This series of 4 paintings is by Yau Bee Ling - Contemplation (Kitchen) I-IV reveals the tumult and strength within the artist. Her sophisticated use of colour and form suggest many possible readings. -

I didn't read too much into this work.... I just liked the colour combination and the texture..

"Clickproject's groovy plates humorously update the deorative china plates aunties all over Malaysia display in their living room...."

I liked these! A very fun collection of plates... Very modern, fresh feel....

Here, I'm looking at Hayati Mokhtar's 'Tideline' - beautifully detailed photographs meander in an organic line, chronicling the plastic debris of modern life, mingled with the natural environment-.

A very disturbing piece I feel, especially when one thinks deeply about it...

No comments: