Wednesday, September 20, 2006

On the move..

Arrive at office and the events of the day begin!

I have to do a shoot for "Apa-Apa Aje" this Friday and almost didn't get a cameraman for it! After much pleading with the facilities department and a little re shuffling on their part, I managed to book one. Phew! Fingers crossed that this Friday there is no mix up!

Another voice over with Kama for the Explorace Prize Giving Ceremony. Brought back a lot of memories watching all the playback from the whole season.. There is so much that can only be felt and not seen on tv!

With the fasting month starting this Sunday, my department at the office decided to have a pot luck lunch party today... There was SO MUCH food!!!! Just look at everyone attacking the food! It all tasted great!

Check watch. Time to start making a move to the J.W Marriot to attend the launch of the Nick Munro jelly mould to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer in conjunction with Harper's Bazaar.

Get into car and apply make up (from scratch!) Since the theme of the event is stylishly pink, I change my shoes, handbag, earrings and add a belt to my outfit.... in the car...

Arrive at the event and everyone looks so sweet in their splashes of pink clothing..

I have a look at the jelly mould and the first image that comes to my mind is Madonna's cone bra designed by Jean Paul Gaultier for one of her world tours... bras are very closely associated with breasts, so I figure it could have been a source of inspiration for the designer...

Speech time! And guess what, Nick Munro, the designer of the jelly mould actually said that one of his inspirations for the mould was Madonna's cone bra!!!!!

Natasha Kraal, editor of Harpers Bazaar's speech brought tears to my eyes as she talked about how her sister passed away at the age of 28 (so young!) due to breast cancer and was given only six months to live when she found out....

It really hit me... I'm 26, and I haven't even begun to do as much as I want to. To find out you're going to go in six months is something I would not wish for ANYBODY!! And the thought of losing my sister in six months and the decline this disease causes in front of your eyes must be unbearable for anybody...

I'm sure there are many others, like me, under 30 who think "this won't happen to me". Natasha's speech made me realise that it could... Thank you...
(check out the October issue of Harper's Bazaar to read more about the collaboration between the magazine, Nick Munro, Royal Selangor Pewter and their strive for greater breast cancer awareness)

The little chocolate treat served here was fantastic... I had so many, I started to feel sick.

Checked my watch and decided it was time to go to KLCC to attend the launch of the new Anya Hindmarch collection at the boutique. Again, I changed my shoes, handbag, earrings and took off the belt and put on a jacket in the car... why???!!!! my Anya Hindmarch bag is red, so I felt the need to adjust my outfit to match the bag... any fashion lover would understand this!

There wasn't that many people at the Anya Hindmarch boutique by the time I arrived... Everyone had come and gone.... I got to see the collection more closely then! I had a nice chat to Soo Shea Pin, the Managing Director of Anya Hindmarch Malaysia..... and have my eye on a few of the bags in the shop now...

Not long after, it's time to head back to the office and home.. time to finish up preparations for another big day tomorrow..... you will hear about it soon....

(I've made MANY attempts to attach pics from the day to this blog, but it just doesn't want to do it at the moment!!!! So frustrating!!!! Promise to post them when connection is working better...)

No comments: