Monday, February 12, 2007

Oxygen Magazine Shoot

Sometime last week I received a phone call from my good friend Thana who works in the Malaysian fashion industry.....

Thana - Darling! You can still dance right?!

Me - Yes.... why?

Thana - I'm styling a shoot for Oxygen magazine. I want someone who can portray a strong character but still have elegant dancer's grace..... So I think you will be the best model for it.... Can?

Me - Sure! Sounds really interesting! Shall I bring my ballet pointe shoes (the ones I can stand on my toes) to use in the shoot?


Thana - Great idea!!


So leading up to the shoot, I dug out my old ballet pointe shoes which I swear I haven't put on in years to start practising....

Come Sunday morning, I get out of bed and drive to a really cute cosy restaurant called Relish in town, opposite the famed Frangipani restaurant....

I was shot in two dresses designed by Richard Tsen.....

I had forgotten how painful it was to stand in ballet pointe shoes.... my poor feet were in so much pain.. yet I still had to find a way to be graceful and hold several positions long enough for the photographer to take beautiful photos....


The other outfit I wore had a real Alice In Wonderland feel to it... As you can see from the photo above... I felt like a character present at the Mad Hatters teas party! Very Gwen Stefani too!

This wasn't easy either as later I had to stand holding a plate with a delicious Relish burger on it and lettuce was tossed in front of me so that it looks like lettuce leaves are flying all around me! Fantastic concept, fantastic photo but an absolute nightmare to create to perfection. Everyone in the team worked very patiently to get the perfect shot.... I of course ended up with some lettuce landing one me..... oh well..... just another occupational hazard...


The photos will be featured in the March issue of Oxygen magazine so I won't spoil the fun by publishing a whole lot of photos here. Will inform when it's out at the shops so that you can go and buy a copy to see the end result of the shoot done on a hot Sunday afternoon! By the way, the food at Relish is good!

No comments: