Wednesday, February 28, 2007

bad hair day, shoot, edit, gym and CSI!

When I woke up in the morning, within a few seconds of brushing my hair I knew I had a dreaded bad hair day... only way I know how to solve it quickly is to just wear a hat....

Arrive at the office and check final preparations for a shoot I'm directing for Apa-Apa Aje... I always check and re check that I have blank tapes and script for the shoot... I have heard of horror stories from my colleagues who have forgotten tapes when they have gone on shoots... nightmare!!

As I'm waiting for the crew to load the TV3 van with the camera and equipment, my shoes starts to feel strange...


When I look down, this is what I discover....

It has a hole in it! Malunya kasut dah berlubang!!! Aduh!

With no spare shoes available, I carry on... just ignore it....

We arrive at the location and begin to set up for the opening shot...


On the segment I'm shooting today our character Che AAA played by Intan Suraya is highlighting a salt scrub treatment meant to reduce cellulite.. so we have to shoot the process...


The shoot goes well with no dramas.... It's amazing how well thing work when everyone just works together to get things done..... no arguments, no complaining... just do it! and we did....

All done, I arrive back at the office and begin editing straight away.....

This is what one of the editing rooms look like... It's always cold in there! Note the hat hiding the bad hair day...

I also edited the other segment I produce, direct and and act in called 'Luahan Hati" ..that figure you see on the tv screens is actually me...
It was past 6 when I finished editing... I submitted my tape to the editor of Apa-Apa Aje and reminded myself that I said I would go to the gym today...
So I did... and I worked out til I felt like falling asleep at the gym....
10 kms on the bicycle and a full body weights work out.... 5 sets of every exercise... after almost 2 and a half hours at the gym, I was over it! But my trainer still asked me as I was 'crawling' out the door..."what time are you coming tomorrow?"..... "It depends how much pain I'm in tomorrow!!!" I answer....
As I'm starting my car, handphone rings... It's my editor for Apa-Apa Aje
Anis - Sha.... Segmen luahan hati you gelap.. macam tak de lampu.. tak boleh guna on air..
kena re edit.....
Aduh!!! Apa jadi pulak?!!!
I promise her to re edit it first thing in the morning and re submit.... I curse the editing machine!
As I'm driving home my sister calls...
Sis - Where are you?
Me - On my way home.... why?
Sis - CSI is on at 10pm!!!
Me - Coming!!!!
I LOVE CSI!!!! I wish I could be on that show... I would love to act as one of the guys in the lab... not the morgue please... even more pathetic is if I appear as a dead body!!!
I have a really hot shower when I get home, fix myself a salad to eat for supper and make myself comfortable to watch 2 episodes of CSI....
I notice they are trying new ways of directing it which is interesting.. waiting to see how they expand on their ideas....
My 3 cats were creating havoc the whole time I was trying watch the show.... Every few minutes my sister would be shouting... "Joberg! No! Get Down! Tippex! Stop it! Skitso!!! Why Skitso!!!"
Sigh.... They have good days and naughty days....
After two episodes of CSI, I'm sleepy and tomorrow I have to arrive at the office extra early to re edit 'Luahan Hati' and prepare to be Floor Manager for the live airing of Apa-Apa Aje....
So time for bed.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

No comments: