Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Great main course... disappointing desserts

Last night I attended a very lavish Embassy dinner at the J.W. Marriot in Kuala Lumpur... For events like this, I always feel it's appropriate to wear something traditional, so I chose one of my favourite kebaya's, my red lace one and teamed it with a batik sarong, vintage earrings and of course.... red shoes!

I walked into the ballroom and immediately started eyeing all of the huge tables of food..... I wasn't going to worry about a salad based diet tonight.... I was determined to try everything....


My eyes especially nearly fell out of my head when I saw the dessert table! There were at least 20 different cakes and half of them were chocolate.... yum!!!

I did the responsible thing and had healthy food first... fish, salads, kebabs.....

Then I headed straight for the desserts... with a very big plate in my hand!

I took a small piece of every cake which looked delicious.... about 10....

Because desserts are well known to cause dresses to get tighter... what I always do is taste something first, if it tastes really good on that first taste, then I get a bigger piece and enjoy it guilt free!!! If it's not worth the calories and fat content... I stop....

So I taste all of the cakes.... ad keep tasting.... and NOTHING made me want to go back and get a bigger piece! I couldn't believe it! They were all dry and nothing exciting... what a disappointment! All that good looking stuff and nothing worth risking putting on weight for... sigh...

So I went back and had more fish and kebabs.... since they were the best dishes...

I have to go to the gym today for a good workout... to work off those unexciting little chocolate nibbles I had last night... I just know the whole time I'm at the gym later doing weights or whatever I'm going to be thinking to myself... "what a waste of calories on those cakes!!!"

Nevermind.. better luck next time...

Today.... I'm directing a shoot for my Che AAA for next week's episode of Apa-Apa Aje....

Pics from that later....

Off to eat fruits now....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet.

Anonymous said...

HI. BOUT D CSI, I LOVE IT 2. BUT ITS SAD TAT SAM DIED N I REALLY PITY D WIFE N D KID,LINDSAY,DO U? CHOCLATE CAKES,1 OF MY FAV DESSERTS..I LOVE GODIVA CHOCLATES, HAV U TRIED TAT? I THINK TATS D BEST. ANYWAYZ, GTG. KEEP IN TOUCH. SIGNING OFF.

Anonymous said...

Sasha ? Gosh - all that chocolate and none to really eat !!!!!!!! can you try a darker font for text plz Sasha ? Ta