Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tesco Charity Hunt in conjunction with reopening of Tesco extra in Mutiara Damansara

To celebrate the opening of the new Tesco extra at Mutiara Damansara, I was invited to participate in an Explorace/ Amazing Race style game in Tesco at their official launch. It was a fun event and experience with us girls, myself and Charlene on one team and the boys, Sherson and Alvin on another team. We had to do a variety of tasks and us girls almost won, but we couldn't find the capsicum !!! aaargh ! I could try and claim that they cheated somehow, but they won fair and square. :)






However, us girls did not go home empty handed. We still won RM 5000 in Tesco vouchers which we are to use to buy items for Tesco for whatever charities we are passionate about. Wooooo hooooo ! YAY !

One charity that I am passionate about is PAWS in Subang. So I gave them a call and asked them what do they need. With a list in hand and with my brother, Shakeil coming along with me to help, we headed to Tesco ready to shop.

All the items we bought were cleaning items and the guy at the checkout asked, 
'Ini semua untuk rumah ke?' (Are these all for a house?)

I pointed to my brother and replied  
'Ya, rumah dia. Dah sepuluh tahun dia tak bersihkan rumah' 
(yes, for him, he hasn't cleaned his house in ten years.)

hahahahahahahahahahahahah! I think he believed me so I then 
explained why we were really buying so many cleaning products.


So we packed up the car and headed straight to Subang where the staff helped us bring all the items in. 
And my brother said hello to all the cats. :)





A big thank you to Tesco for giving me this opportunity to support charities close to my heart with your generosity. I still have some more vouchers and more will benefit from my purchases. We will be shopping again very soon!! The new Tesco is really nice and big and spacious. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: