Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mona Lisa?

having a bad hair day today... will need a hair dresser's help to tame this wild mane of hair..... though it drives me crazy sometimes, when my hair dresser asked me the ther day if I want to cut it i said "NO WAY!".... I've always wanted hair all the way down to my waist.... you know like the Disney mermaid Ariel, Pocahontas, Puteri Gunung Ledang..... I'm hoping my hair will reach my waist by the end of this year....

As I was trying to have breakfast this morning, Joberg was in another one of her grandmother story telling moods.... I think she was telling grandfather stories this time too....

I have lots of writing and previewing to do today..... this is the tedious part....

My director just gave me the next batch of my shooting dates today. As I looked at it, I'm trying to figure out when I will have time to sleep.....
I have a lunch or dinner date with Vernon aka Mr Manager/ Stupendous Gangsatrz Judge this weekend.... except it won't be in Malaysia... It will be overseas...

Many people have told me that I look like Mona Lisa... especially when my hair has not been blow dried or tamed....

I haven't firgured out yet if that's a compliment or a complete insult..... I'm taking it as a compliment because that painting is worth so much that I think that no insurance company is willing to insure it...

In the words of Estelle Nadau of the Louvre, "The Mona Lisa is inestimable. She belongs to the French state,which is its own insurer, that is the reason why she is not insured." It has no assigned monetary value. It is priceless.

Many years ago, I was in Paris and I went to the Louvre (art gallery, the one in the movie Da Vinci's code) and saw the original Mona Lisa painting that Da Vinci himself painted with my own eyes.

I have been to many art galleries across the world and I have not seen painting as closely guarded and protected as the Mona Lisa.

A cube of bullet proof glass has been put around it and inside the cube it is climate controlled and there is also a very big and mean security guard officer standing next to the cube with a huge gun....
There was also a huge crowd of people around it....

What surprised me most about the Mona Lisa is that it's actually quite small.. I thought it would be 48 inches x 60 inches.... It's actually only 21 inches x 30 inches...

And what did my genius brother say at the top of his voice in front of the priceless Mona Lisa, crowd of people from all over the world and the scary gun wielding security officer?

"IS THAT ALLLLLLL??!!!"

I felt like borrowing the security officer's gun.....

But now Mona Lisa has a $7.5 million dollar room of her own at the Louvre in Paris,France. It now hangs in the Salle de Etats. It gives the millions who come to see the painting more room and a better view.

Anyway, I myself have just finished another 3 paintings which I will be sharing with you soon...

If you're interested to read more about the Mona Lisa, this website has lots of great info. http://www.monalisamania.com/

No comments: