Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy New Year.. a time to reflect and look ahead..


How time flies....

Another year has gone...

So much has happened..

So how will I remember 2009?

Well it was definitely a year I did everything I didn't even dream about a few years ago.
DANSA - the Malay and English version of the documentary was shown on both TV3 and NTV7. I published my first book based on the documentary and the whole DANSA project received a fantastic response. It was even nominated as one of the top 5 documentaries of 2009 at Anugerah Skrin. We didn't win the award but the recognition of being nominated alongside other prestigious documentaries such as Jejak Rasul and Majalah 3 made all involved in DANSA very proud.

I got married to a man I consider my best friend.

I have 6 cats at my parents house. When I was
a child I always wanted lots of cats. :)

The youngest one who my brother and I found in the rain about 2 months ago is now named Duke Orsino. My mother named him. :)

And poor Duke has been badly attacked by a stray cat in my area. The first time he had his eyelid torn and the second time he suffered a big 3 inch tear and 2 smaller ones and had to be rushed to the animal hospital by my brother for emergency surgery on New Year's Eve. The poor thing is now walking around the house with half of his stomach stitched up. But he is still such a happy kitten. Loves attention and has learned how to climb up onto the kitchen counter using the drawer handles as a ladder. Smart...

I was in London just before Christmas where it snowed. YAY! It caused havoc for the locals but I was enjoying it.

So what now for 2010?

The first thing on my list every year for the last 10 years has been to become fitter, stronger and healthier. To help me this year, I have joined Bootcamp training, held 3 times a week. Today is session two and I hope it works! I expect to see some results in a month.

I will also continue to appreciate what I have.

As for all my other plans, I will see what happens as I go along.

I feel so happy and so blessed.

I will update with some photos soon. There is also a Reebok event this week and Anugerah Juara Lagu this Sunday. Again I am thinking what to wear. I am trying to avoid wearing a long dress this time for a red carpet event. hmmmmmm...

Happy New Year to all of you.
Hope you become a few steps closer to all your dreams.

3 comments:

MsPea said...

Happy New Year Sasha...
It's good to hear from you, after sometimes this blog was in silent...
Can't wait to see photos of the lucky Duke Orsino. Glad to hear the cat family expands to 6 now... meriah!!
All the best to you throughout 2010 and may Allah bless you and family..

cacah said...

happy new year! :)

Obefiend Weiland said...

happy new year

can you write about the bootcamp in your next entry

just wanna know how brutal these bootcamps really are