Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Different functions, different outfits..

I've had several functions over the past week and i have tried to come up with a variety of looks.

Saturday night was a Bollywood themed celebration. I wore a saree I bought while in India while shooting Explorace Season 3 with jewellery I bought from Brickfields.


At this function all of the men were given turbans to wear and I wanted to try wearing one too.



Monday night was a wedding ceremony and I wore the Fendi skirt I wrote about in an earlier post. I wore it with a one shouldered top and vintage earrings, both which I bought while studying in Australia. Bangles from Brickfields. I have worn these bangles many times, they may be familiar to you now.. :)





Last night was a formal sit down dinner and I wore the dress I wore on the red carpet for Anugerah Skrin 2 years ago. I bought this dress while shooting Explorace in India too.


Last time I wore this dress I wore it with a big black choker from MNG and my hair was up. This time no necklace and hair down.

I remember when I was being interviewed by the Malaysian Women's Weekly for my cover story with them, the writer, Rina asked me "do you ever wear the same thing more than once?"

ABSOLUTELY! and there are good reasons why. Last time I checked, money doesn't grow easily on trees or fall out of the sky or come down with the rain. We have to work hard for it and when you have spent your hard earned money, it's a waste to only wear it once. What I do believe in though is not styling it exactly the same way twice. Change the hair and accessories every time and don't wear it to the same type of function. You can create totally different looks just by doing this.

I love the way this dress glitters. And it cost me less than RM 150. I remember we had just finished shooting and ony had about an hour to shop at a nearby underground shopping area. I found this dress in a very corwded hop with no changing room so I had to just pull in over my Explorace cargo pants and shirt and guess that the dress would fit me properly without the clothes underneath. Luckily, it fits me perfectly.


And for tonights opening gala of Malaysia International Fashion Week I combined two runway pieces. One is this Fendi skirt.


And I wore this Burberry top.


And this was the end result...


Saturday night is KL Film Festival and the theme is batik.... hmmmmmmm....


7 comments:

NoR said...

love all the outfits ! great combo + a stunning you! ;)

zuLLicious! said...

wow...
toga tops wit fendi skirt!
great! ahahahahhaa:p!

batik? why dun u check out at iNNAi Batik collection? very cun tau! sangat cantik...

Wangi74 said...

I like this..something i definitely will wear,cool chick:)

n.i. said...

u never fail to impress me with fab ur fashion sense... gorgeous!!!

n.i. said...

oopss.. wrong typo... what i meant was "ur fab fashion sense"... ;-)

btw, Batik Fair is on @ PWTC.. maybe u want to check it out... who knows, u might get ideas from the various batik suppliers / designers available there... :-)

the Razzler said...

Hi! Sasha...

You look kind of sexy in the saree.. :) :)

RedAnna said...

love all the outfits!