Monday, May 07, 2007

a miracle?

Yesterday my sister and I found a box in the store room with a pair of GUESS jeans from when I was about 14 or 15 years old....

"Oh wow! this is the slim cut jeans i used to love and wear so much! The whole skinny leg jean thing is so in again.... I should start wearing them again...."

"Do you think you can fit into them?!" she asks....

Good question!!

Afraid of what the answer might be, I left them on my bed to think about whether I was prepared to find out how much bigger I am now compared to when I was 15.... a very depressing thought...

Tonight I tried them on...

They fit!!!! I can actually put them on, zip them up and sit down in them.... I 'm wearing them now as I write this!

I remember when I was in school, you were so not cool if you didn't have a pair of 'GUESS' jeans... And at the time there weren't really any 'GUESS' stores in Malaysia....

So when I found out my father was making a trip up to the US, I begged and begged for him to buy me a pair of 'GUESS' jeans while he was there... I promised him the world if he got me a pair... I would study hard, make him proud, iron my school clothes... I promised him everything!

And he got them for me.... And I wore them all the time.... until I bought a pair of boot leg cut jeans...

Just now I went to see my dad...

"Remember when I was 15 I begged and begged you to buy me a pair of 'GUESS' jeans?"

"Yes... why?"

"Well, it was all worth your time and effort cause I'm wearing them now!"

"You mean you can still fit into them?"

Yeah... I can't believe it either.... some kind of miracle..

(note : yellow dress in previous blog was bought at ZARA Bangsar Village 2)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow.. congratulations and it is a miracle! i envy you so much. i dont think i can fit into any of my early teens clothes anymore.. hehehhe