Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Gianni Versace

I totally love Gianni Versace as a designer...

He just knew how to make really gorgeous glittering garments....

Above is the December 1990 VOGUE magazine cover of Christy Turlington wearing a Gianni Versace fully embellished full body suit. I saw this body suit in person as part of a Gianni Versace Retrospective exhibition in Sydney and in London. The workmanship and design is just splendid!

I was devastated when he died because I dreamed of having Gianni Versace designing something especially for me.... That dream obviously died when he was shot dead out the front of his Miami home. Actually, a few years after his death I visited Miami and I drove past that house. I felt so sad...

I'm not as in love with Donatella Versace's designs as I am with Gianni's.....

Creative genius like Gianni Versace don't happen often....

May he rest in peace...

No comments: