Thursday, April 12, 2007

F1 Fantasy Gala Dinner & Earth Wind & Fire concert

On Friday, 6th of April, the 2007 F1 Fantasy Gala Dinner was held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.

And the hall did look pretty spectacular!


Everyone was so dressed up in the finest wear..... all the men wore suits (boring!).... it was so much more interesting to look at what the women were wearing.... there were beautiful long gowns, intricate kebayas and glittering baju kurungs.....


I chose to wear a long dress by local designer Edmunser. This dress is unbelievably comfortable and moves so nicely when one walks.... I dressed it up with dangling pearl earrings, diamante cuffs and a vintage Valentino evening bag....



The Emcee's for the night were the iconic Wan Zaleha Radzi and Mahadzir Lokman....


I admire both of them for their grace and elegance in handling functions... Wan Zaleha is still very highly regarded by the crew of TV3... Some of them who are still with TV3 nad used to work with her still have a lot of admiration and respect for her...


She also has the most flawless skin!!!


One of the entertainers for the night was Datuk Siti Nurhaliza. She sang only English songs.... and I have to say she sang them well..... I'm not so sure about the outfit she was wearing though... I've seen her wear nicer things....



Dinner was nice, but the higlight for me was when they put these huge chocolate decorations on the table.... i definitely finished most of the chocolates on my table!



After the dinner was over, everyone relocated to another hall to watch the legendary group Earth Wind & Fire..... Guests with the Fantasy Gala dinner were ushered to the exclusive 'black circuit area...

These guys have been around for like 30 years... Although I don't have any of their cd's, rcords or cassettes, I definitely recognised some of their songs. And the audience, especially the more mature individuals (don't hate me for saying that) were having the time of their life....

The show finished so late!!! And my brother some friends and myself got lost on our way out of the Convention Centre. We walked up and down the same corridor 3 times. I ended up taking of my high heels cause it was just to painful to walk anymore... Not long after that, I saw that many other ladies were carrying their jewelled shoes in their hands too!!!

But it was definitely a fun night...

No comments: