Sunday, April 01, 2007

Chanel

Friday, in the late evening was the Chanel Ready-to-wear Spring Summer Collection at Maya Hotel....

I wore a vintage Chanel tweed jacket from the 1997 Spring Summer Collection, Chanel pants from 2003 Autmn Winter Collection, vintage Chanel handbag from the late 80's and Sungai Wang shoes... same ones I wore for Coach event..... Yes, proof that one take some of the most expensive items in fashion land and mix them with items from a shoping centre which has some of the best junky stuff!

Now these clothes, you could not find in Sungai Wang! I really wish I could...



The current trend seems to be very bare legs... micro mini skirts... Most mortal human beings could not walk around wearing what these models are wearing.... I would pair everything with long pants, long skirts and tights....


(by the way, I totally agree that skinny and underweight models should not be on the catwalk)

All of the clothes hung and moved beautifully.... and a lot of the stuff is definitely classic. As always, in true Chanel style, there was lots of black and white.

The detailing in Chanel clothes in legendary..... I'll give you an example.. on the inside of my tweed jacket at the bottom end of the body section, a small gold chain is sewn all the way around... why you ask? So that the jacket hangs perfectly and doesn't move unnecessarily.....

Everyone at the event was dressed in their Chanel best.... but I always find it humorous and almost sad when a group of female friends go to events and they all look like clones of each other... same hair, very similar clothes and variations of the same handbag... There is nothing wrong with being individual...please find your own identity and sense of style!

Of course, tjere were a lot of magazine editors there...

I saw Suzie Adnan from GLAM magazine who is a writer with the prestigious magazine and was one of the co-ordinators for the April cover shoot....


Want to know who is the man who transformed my hair and made me up to look like a barbie doll for my GLAM cover? Here he is.... Razlan......

My weekend should be fairly uneventful.... I'm going to enjoy it because next week is a very hectic week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LIKEEEE UR Barbie Doll Hair...
COMEiiiii


-Nanee-