Saturday, October 07, 2006

In Loving Memory of my little Kira

I wrote a few days ago that my little Kira went missing. So after 4 days of not seeing him, my mother and I went around to our neighbours houses asking if they had seen him.

No one had... I started to feel sick...

I was standing out the front of my house trying to decide with an electrician the best position to install some lights, when a Chinese guy on a motorbike came up to me..

Him : "You cari kucing hitam kah?"

Me : "Ya, kenapa?"

Him : "Dia sudah matilah!"

Me : "APA??!!! KAT MANA???!!!"

Him : " Di atas....."

My brother heard and came running and got onto his motorbike with him and told him to go to where Kira is...
I felt all the blood drain from my head.... I started to run after them but of course they were moving much faster than me on a motor bike..... A few minutes later, my borther comes back... I take one look at his face and I knew...
Kira is dead....
Found by the side of the road... Badly decomposed... He had been hit by a car...
For the second time in less than 18 months, my family has had to endure the pain of losing a dear cat... We are all very upset...
The electrician didn't really know what to do so I just told him to put up the lights wherever he thought was best...
We wanted to bury him in our own garden. So undignified to be left by the side of the road. But we couldn't move him because he was too badly decomposed. So we went to a nearby house being constructed, borrowed a wheelbarrow and shovel and started shovelling earth into it so we could cover him up.
We said a prayer....
Then we had to all try and re compose ourselves because we had plans for the night.... Such a difficult thing to do when you are SO NOT IN THE MOOD TO TALK TO ANYONE!
To people who don't like cats/ animals, don't have cats/ pets or have never felt the pain of losing one, I can totally undertsand that you have no idea how my family and I feel right now...
Thank goodness I have some close friends who understand.....
To my baby Kira, we miss you so much... but at least we have closure... we would have never stopped looking for you... we found you..... but this is not the ending we hoped for...
It's not fair...
May you have and enjoy all of the smoked slamon in Kitty Kat Heaven now....
I love you...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sasha..

I truly understand how you felt. Last fri, my cat died too.. I think she jumped onto the kitchen window and slipped and fell. My cat looked exactly like Milago, a tri-colour cat. And worst still, she's only abt 2 mths old.. Still a young cat. Like you, now I'm left with 1 cat. It's really saddening losing some1 tt has become part of ur family. Be strong and just know that Kira's now up there, getting the best treatment. Tts wat I told myself, in order to move on..

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for you. really, i can feel you. Sure can feel how devastated you are right now. sigh. nvm,let Allah blessed tht poor soul and yeah, she is happily digging on the smoked salmon and all the cheesy whats'it now.;)

Payad said...

damn...i have tears in my eyes..
Kira is defenitly in heaaven rite now..

Anonymous said...

Sorry bout your Kira. I cant imagine if I'm in your shoes. I love my cats so much.

husni said...

hi,
so sori to hear abt kira..guess ur mum was right not allowing any cats in the house after all. the pain r just too much

The Star Gazer said...

Hi Sasha,
I can totally understand how you feel.

I lost my 12 year old Norwegian Forest to kidney failure a couple of years ago. To make it worse, she died on my birthday. Sobs.

Hang in there.

TriStupe said...

my condolences sasha.

i know how it's like to be losing a pet which i treat as a family member.

May Kira rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

my condolence...

Anonymous said...

i am in tears just reading this entry. i'm so sorry for ur loss. i know exactly how u feel. my family has lost some beloved cats over the years... but it still did not stop us from getting new ones. they really do light up our lives. don't be discouraged by this. stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Dear Shasha,

Sorry to hear about your cats. My mother in law owns three kittens from her very long companion (named Ngot)which she found abandoned by her owners a few years back. If you want, I can ask my mum in law to let you have one of them. Email me if you're interested.

Regards,
Nornie
goldenct_06@yahoo.com.my