Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Coloured Painting


Several people have shown interest and been surprised when they find out that I enjoy painting. Even more flattering, they seem to really like them! But I'm always asked..."Only black and white paintings?"

Well....no... I have done 2 coloured paintings. My biggest painting is actually a coloured one about one metre long and 4 feet high... Done almost 3 years ago now. It's hanging in a friends house and I don't have a picture. I've asked her to photograph it and email it to me.

The other one is the one below...

I did this one almost a year ago. For my Explorace promo, they wanted to shoot all the different activities I enjoy doing. So I specifically did this painting for the promo and I was recorded doing the finishing touches on the painting. I completed the painting in one night. It's not that big. About 3 feet by 4 feet. No title... Can't think of one... But the form of the three organic shapes in the centre is based on the shape of lilies (my favourite flower, I just love their smell!) and abstracted..

Once I have a photo of the other one, I will show that too...
By the way, Schizo didn't come home for 2 nights after that heavy rain. When she did, we noticed she had a cut on her leg and mouth... No idea how she got it... And now Kira has been missing for two days..
Why do they do this to us????!!!!! Sigh!!!!

No comments: