Monday, August 30, 2010

Selamat Hari Merdeka!

Selamat Hari Merdeka to all of you!

On this day, I can't help but think of how unique Malaysia is as a country and I am reminded of the beautiful commercials that the late Yasmin Ahmad created for Petronas in conjunction with merdeka. This one below is so cute.



It reminds me of a time when my brother who looks a thousand times more 'mat salleh' than I do was playing with his friends in the school playground when my mother came to pick him up. My brother said to his friend, 'I have to go, my mum is here'. 'Where is your mum?' his friend asked. 'She's over there,' he replied and pointed to her.

'your mother mat salleh ah ?! '

(just in case you don't know, my mother is a blonde haired,
blue eyed Australian, so ya, very mat salleh)

So yes it's true, children don't see race or colour. They become friends based on much more important things.

I think we should all reply the same thing when asked what race we are.

' Race ? You mean race car lah ?'


No comments: