Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sarawak and Kebayas

About 10 days ago I was shooting in Sarawak...

So of course, I was dressed up as Puteri Santubong.... the legendary Sarawakian princess immortalised forever....


We shot this scene at the Cultural Village...



And my goodness, did everyone there know what we were doing...

Just as we were setting up to shoot, a group of people on tour arrived and most of them watch 'Beauty Secrets from the East' and the rest knew about it or knew me....

Suddenly, I was posing for pictures with over 50 people and my director had to stop shooting...

A Mat Salleh couple who witnessed this little circus asked one of the Cultural Village staff "Why is everyone taking pictures with her? Is she famous or something?"

To which the man replied "Yes! she's a host with TV3!"

Of course that information didn't really have any significance to them but they took a picture with me anyway!

We shot in many locations and one of them was at Tribal Remedy...

I tried the reflexology.. I love reflexology and there it was one of the best reflexology sessions I've ever had.... though at some points I was in so much pain!



At tribal remedy, they also had a really nice section selling kebayas...



I can't remember if I've mentioned this before but I absolutely love kebayas....

And Aunty was wearing one of the most gorgeous vintage kebaya's I've ever seen...


Animal motifs are not that easy to find on kebayas so I wished I owned this kebaya! I would love to have one with a peacock or phoenix on it!

Of course I looked at every Kebaya in the store...

I was very proudly telling the crew earlier that I have been very good about saving money, but when I saw these kebayas, I totally lupa diri!



So I got one for myself and one for my mother cause she always said she wants an embroidered one and she doesn't have one.. well, now she does!


If you're ever in Sarawak, visit them there or have a look at their website www.tribalremedy.com

A good friend of mine gave me 3 totally vintage kebayas that used to belong to her grandmother. I couldn't believe it when she was actually thinking of throwing them out!!! Thank goodness she gave them to me. I plan to display them in my room....


Embroidered kebayas are really little works of art, so if you have any, passed down to you from aunties/ grandmothers/ mothers... don't throw them out!!!! Display them in your house as they really are nice to just look at.... or just send them to me at TV3....

Footage shot in Sarawak will be shown on 'Beauty Secrets from the East' in August...

My crew and I were really well received and looked after in Sarawak. Everywhere we went, people came up to us and said how they watch the show and even asked me questions about the beauty treatments I talk about on the show... We love it that you watch the show which is the results of a lot of time and hard work..Thank you for your support...

And speaking of crew, here is one of them...

His name is Zul. He smokes a lot. Keeps the microphone for my shoots in a 'Beauty Secrets of the East' make up (I host the show and even I don't have one of those make up bags!) and has no problems carrying my gold show girl like shoes... And here is proof that he can do all of it at once!


More behind the scenes stories of 'Beauty Secrets of the East' coming soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum

anda adalah makhluk tercantik yang pernah dilihat, sempurna, pintar dan segalanya. Alhamdulillah kerana saya berpeluang melihat kejelitaan anda....
wassalam

zact73@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Dear Sasha,

TQ for visiting MAM today. As promised yr photo taken with Jason have been posted on both www.melakatoday.blogspot.com & www.picasaweb.google.com/barryng2663

Barry

Anonymous said...

hey,the cultural village men should say u're the puteri santubong instead..hehe..the tourist wont even know pon:p..btw i love embroided kebayas too,they're beautiful kan

Anonymous said...

salam...

the kebayas are very nice... how much? i agree with zact73... ur so sweet and pretty...