Sunday, January 21, 2007

Oh what a night!!!!

Sunday, 21st of January - one of the biggest nights of the entertainment industry in Malaysia - Anugerah Juara Lagu

So of course, all of the guests put in a lot of effort to look their best.... especially with the red carpet GLAM WALK being televised live on TV3!!!

What did I wear? Remember how I said I would try not to wear black again for my next big event.. Well, I didn't! I wore beautiful red, grey and white songket evening gown designed by Zang Toi! Yahoo!



I was so excited to wear this dress.... I remember it being modelled during KL Fashion Week and thinking to myself ......if only I had the chance to wear that dress...

And unbelievably... I DID!!!!

Now getting dressed into this elaborate creation was a mission and a half. I required my sister's help to button it up at the back and 4 safety pins to pin it to my corset so it wouldn't move/ fall down/ wardrobe malfunction ala janet jackson.... the bag I decided to carry is a beautiful vintage Christian Dior bag from the early 90's given to me by my dear friend Sarah.

My little bling bling loving cat Joberg was completely fascinated by the trimming on the bottom of the dress and tried to pull it off!!! AAAARGH! My sister had to pull her off.... Tippex just looked at me with his usual confused expression. He obviously doesn't understand couture.

As I was waiting for my brother to send me to Bukit Jalil for the event, Skitso came home drenched by the rain and cold... poor thing... while wearing the gown I had to towel dry her so she wouldn't get sick...

My sister's comments on the dress - "It's a really nice dress... Can see the skill of a designer in it... what a shame you can't keep it" (I borrowed the dress... not bought! Believe me.. cannot afford to buy it)

My brother's comment - "It looks like a glamourised table cloth" (typical lack of appreciation)

Anyway, it's still pouring outside my house when my brother and I leave. I had to carry.. yes.. CARRY all that fabric up high so I didn't get it wet and ruined...

As we get into the car, my brother looks at me and asks

Bro - Do you know how to get to Bukit Jalil from here....

Me - Sort of... do you?

Bro - Sort of... let's just start driving and see what happens...

Oh my God! I was starting to wonder what time would I get there!!!! Hopefully not once it's all over... All Malaysians know heavy rain can bring the traffic to a complete standstill!

So we drive... and drive.... and miraculously we get there without making a wrong turn and in good time!!!

But then my next challenge... walking from the car to the entrance of the event elegantly while holdingthe dress up to again avoid muddy puddles around the stadium.. for security purposes, my brother couldn't get right up to the entrance...

I get to the beginning of the red carpet and I take a moment to readjust everything to look half decent for the cameras. I have to do this as discreetly as possible because the crowd watching the red carpet event is huge!

After adjustments are made... I walk down the red carpet.. pose for the cameras... keep changing angles..... the usual....

I get inside and my colleague rushes up to me... "Sasha, go back to the beginning of the red carpet and walk again... we want to show you on tv.."

So I go back and walk again...

Upon completion, I start to make my way into the stadium so I can take a seat a before event starts...

Another colleague comes up to me... "Sasha, can you wait here for a moment please.... we might need you to walk the red carpet again"

So I wait... and talk to colleagues....

Suddenly, a colleague from another department comes up to me and says "Ok Sasha, standby please....in about a minute we're going live on air and you will be presented an award.."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.. "An award? ME?! For what?!"

Her reply, "You've been chosen as the most glamorous person of the Anugerah Juara Lagu Glam Walk event so you have now won the L'OREAL GLAM AWARD 2007!"

WOW!!!!

I seriously couldn't believe it!

A few moments later I was holding the award....

After I won it, the first thing that went through my mind was that I was going to have the best time telling my brother that this "tablecloth" dress won me the L'OREAL GLAM AWARD....

Of course, lots of people came up to me to say congratulations... and I received sms on my phone too....

The awards show started and it was fantastic.. I know how hard my colleagues toil and sweat to pull of a huge show like this and they did a great job...

My heartfelt congratulations to the night's biggest winner.. Adibah Noor. You totally deserve it...

At about 12.30 am, my brother picks me up...

Bro - How did everything go?

Me - Good... you know how you said this dress looks like a tablecloth..

Bro - yeah... so.. why?

Me - Well look at this... (I show him the award)

Bro - YOU won an AWARD???!!! For WHAT??!!!

Me - For being the most glamorous woman on the red carpet tonight....

Bro - Oh.....

And that was all that the clown could say.... he he he he... such sweet revenge!!

By the way.. I was wearing red shoes under the dress..... :)

17 comments:

C.T. Chua said...

I suppose some sort of laudatory wishes are in order here? Congratulations then!

Anonymous said...

Muahahaha!Congratulations Sasha!You deserve it for your look absolutely STUNNING!Heh,that ought to sush up ur bro and mind his comments on your clothes near future!Baju mahal2..sedap2 aje table cloth!;p

Anonymous said...

hello..

i really really really love ur dress last nite.. cogratulations for the award!

Vernon Kedit said...

Actually, it's a kain pelekat/songket fabric that almost resembles a table cloth, so I can see where your gorgeous brother is coming from...

But it is a sumptuous Zang Toi.

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

shasha,

yes when I watched the TV - it really looks like a table cloth.hahahaha....

Anonymous said...

You looking absolutely fantastic in the Checkered Dress you wore to the Thingy,

from
Husmel Aphart

Anonymous said...

I wish my URL was published in the Star. HAHAHAH...cheers and goodluck

Anonymous said...

u deserve it sasha...
very sweet...
congrats anyway...

Anonymous said...

yeahhhh u look stunning babe...

ACIDMAISYA said...

hi..wanna say hello..u look really beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Sasha,you looked great, caught the footage of you receiving the award while I was changing TV channels and you made me stay there for a bit ......yes, you were lovely my dear........sorry did not contnue to watch the rest of the show....they should get you to host it next year!

Shirley

Budiey said...

Hi Sasha,

You really look gorgeous that nite...

Congrats to u!

Ozi said...

congradulations. i didn't realize Plad was 'in' again.

Anonymous said...

u look really gorgeous ther!!!!!!!!!
wow!!! sory, but i couldnt help staring at ur pic!!!!!!!
anywayz, good luck n congrats!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sasha. It's Irving from L'Oreal. Just wanted to congratulate you and to say you truly deserved the awards that night. We had on eyes on you the moment you glided on the red carpet. You're Worth It!

Anonymous said...

hi sasha
im ibrahim,a doctor from penang
u look good during the anugearh nite
the dress u wore holding the trophy looked like a big sarong batik
quite unique really
keep blogging
ibm80@hotmail.com

The Blueberry said...

Hie Sasha,

I watched the red carpet segment. I totally loved your dress, it's not just any plaid or check or tartan (for those of you uninitiateds), it's songket!!! Lovely marvellous songket in lovely marvellous color!

Congrats!