Monday, January 08, 2007

My Chocolate Recommendations and recipe!

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!

I don't smoke, drink alcohol or do drugs....

I just do chocolate.... LOTS of it....

As someone who has as much of it as I can without feeling sick, I think I'm in a pretty credible position to tell you about the best chocolate based foods I have thoroughly enjoyed...

The following list is not really in any order of preference..

1- Chocolate mud cake at Bon Ton restaurant
served warm with vanilla ice cream, it's rich and thick...... forget dinner... just desserts..
I don't even know where BonTon is now.. it's changed location SO MANY times.. if you know,
please tell me...

2 - Chocolate cake at Delicious
very similar to the one at Bon Ton. Since I don't know where Bon Ton is now, this is a good
replacement

3 - Everything Chocolate based at Bakerzin
If you don't like stuff that is too rich, the cakes at Bakerzin are great...
they also layer it well.. eg one layer mousse, one layer cake, one layer biscuits.... real good!!

4 - The dessert section of Bubbly Brunch at Westin Hotel
On weekends, the Italian restaurant at the Westin in KL has a 'Bubbly Brunch'. You get a
whole buffet, free flow of champagne too! Since I don't drink, the free champagne ploy is
useless on my, but the dessert section of this buffet is to die for!!! The last hour I was at this
buffet, all I ate was chocolate based desserts... mousse, cake.. even souffle! My friends who
were with me during this buffet were speechless while wacthing devour more chocolate than
all of them together.... I had to tell my friend's children not to follow Aunty Sasha's example
of eating so much chocolate...
(to mr manager- you and I should go for this!)

5 - After 8 mint chocolates
Rich but the mint makes it refreshing too... I have and still can eat a whole super size box of
these....

So those are my favourites and my recommendations....

Now another thing about me is that I can't cook to save my life.... at all... really... making salads and sandwiches is about it...

but I can make one chocolate dessert which lots of people I make it for love.... Here's the recipe... try it...

100 g icing sugar
100 g cooking chocolate (dark chocolate is better, not milk chocolate)
70 g of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
chocolate rice and/or shredded coconut

Directions
Melt the chocolate. add icing sugar and cream cheese. Mix well. Put in freezer for about half and hour to harden it a bit. Once hardened, roll mixture in small little balls then cover in chocolate rice and / or shredded coconut. put back in freezer for and hour to harden completely. Then it's ready to eat and enjoy...

Easy idiot proof recipe for complete kitchen fools like myself..... but still tastes good...

try it...

if you know of any other good chocolate places to try, tell me.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a brand of chocolate products called gü, which has a whole line of chocolate based products- brownies, torte etc. Their best, i think, is the chocolate souffle, sold in individual ramekin glasses. The closest thing to heaven on earth! The catch is that it is sold in major supermarkets in the UK...

mafiz said...

you should try these cookies from Bakin Boyz which I think is miles better than famous amos. Get them at KLCC, top floor, next to this Nyonya restaurant. i bet ur gonna love them!

Anonymous said...

Came across your article while reading the Star.Very interesting indeed.Bravo for the charity piece.Sorry and sad to hear about the incident in your life...brought back painful memories even though I wasn't involved in it...but I do agree with you that ...NOTHING IN LIFE IS GUARANTEED!
As for the chocolates, next time you are in Switzerland look me up, I will take you to a few places : )...am a Malaysian living here at the moment.Cheers and good luck with the painting.

Anonymous said...

Bon Ton has moved to Jalan Conlay , KL( same row w/ Prince Hotel) Or You may check www.bontonkl.com . Same here, I love the choc Mud Cake, Melting warm n moist choc cake with the home made vanila Ice Cream and rich cream. Must taste these 3 combination and it will send you to heaven.....:)

Cheers,
A choc lover