Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Anugerah Skrin

The last big event I went to in 2006 was the annual Anugerah Skrin... I know I have a few international readers so I'll explain what Anugerah Skrin is... It is an awards event to recognise the efforts of the locals film, tv and broadcast industry and the event was shown live over TV3...

Earlier in the day, I was flat out busy at the office editing the segments I produce and direct for Apa-Apa Aje.... Nothing glamorous about that I can promise you....

But of course, for a big event like Anugerah Skrin, I pull out the glam factor!


I wore a dress I bought while shooting Explorace in India with a choker I bought from MNG ages ago.... yes, I wore black again..

A few of my colleagues who were with me in India recognised the dress because I was parading it down the hotel corridor after I bought it....

I saw Mr Manager (www.mrmanager.blogspot.com) back stage. He came up to me...

MM - Nice dress... I want to touch it but don't flatter yourself that I'm touching you.. I just want to see what the dress feels like....
Me - Sure... go ahead.. (he touches the beading)
MM - Very nice.... Good choice... Love the choker too...
(he starts walking around me)
MM - HMMMM..... WHY is there a safety pin holding your choker in place?!

Me - Cause it broke.... Do you know of any other way?!

MM - Yes! Send it to a shop to be fixed!!! You can't go around with a safety pin holding your choker in place..
Me - No One will notice...
MM - I did...

Me - you're too observant and no one else will be standing as close to me as you are now...

MM - Ok... but you should still get it fixed...

Me - Ok....
We then sat down and chatted about other stuff... we have presents for each other but we haven't had a chance to meet up.... we are still trying to find a time.... Mr Manager if you read this, try and find time ok!

I don't think Mr Manager posted a pic of Ning presenting during Anugerah Skrin, so for all the Ning fans who visit me here, this photo is for you....

Show finished then there was an after party with some food..... I didn't eat much.... didn't really feel like it...

I must tell you what happened when I got home. The dress I wore was very heavily beaded and I glittered with every single step. When my little cat Joberg saw me walk in the door, her eyes opened up so wide, she blinked a couple of times and was totally mesmerised and hypnotised by all of the glitter on my dress.... As I walked pass her, she suddenly jumpued on the dress and started trying to pull the beads off the dress!!!!

AAARGH!!!

My sister had to come to the rescue and pull her off my dress... she did manage to loosen a few beads... but nothing to noticeable.

It didn't take me too long to get organised for bed that night. When I do my hair myself, I don't put any hair spray in it, so i just brushed it out, removed make up, showered and I was done! Yay!

Remembering my incident with Joberg and the glitter on the dress, I bought for her a collar with diamantes as a new year present. So as all my cats are treated equally, Skitso and Tippex got new collars too.... but no diamantes for them.... they don't like diamantes...

For Anugerah Skrin last year I wore black as well.... the skirt is from Margaret McCallum, the same people who did the costumes for 'The Red Kebaya' movie.... As I didn't have a blog then, I'll post that pic now.....
I'll try and NOT wear black for my next big event!






2 comments:

Vernon Kedit said...

Safety pins are life-savers. But they're not accessories. REMEMBER THAT.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning! Now, if only our common friend can make me bump into you, accidentally.. :)
You got that wow-factor babe!
Max