Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy Deepavali !


Happy Deepavali !

As usual I had a very busy and exciting Deepavali.

I always love the decorations around this time. The picture above was taken at a Deepavali open house I attended at the Mandarin Oriental.

While I was there I someone wearing a very unique saree. It had Andy Warhol style portraits on it of Bollywood superstar Aishwarya Rai.


And this was my little boy in his Deepavali outfit. Off white kurta with gold sequins. Yes, I am introducing him to bling bling. How can you NOT wear a sequinned kurta on Deepavali ?!


And next year, I want to try and do a kolam. These were some of the beautiful kolam on display in the lobby of my office building. Everyone who walked past admired them and many were taking pictures too.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the decoration of the kolum during deepavali. So beautiful.

Unknown said...

BTW, you boy look so handsome :)