Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Jom Heboh 2007 - Kuantan

The hugely successful TV3 Karnival called 'Jom Heboh' is back in 2007!

Regular followers to come to this once a month event held in a different state every month are of course very glad to hear this...

I left with crew, staff and other TV3 personalities last Friday for the first location of 2007, Kuantan Pahang.

As soon as we arrived, we didn't have long to check into the hotel before we had to leave again to visit a children's orphanage to spend some time with them.... Some of the TV3 staff helped load the goodie bags for the children into the bus....


At the children's orphanage, all of the TV3 personalities were completely swamped by the children who wanted autographs and photographs.... Of course, we were more than happy to oblige and signed all the little notebooks that were given to us to sign....

The next day, all the action began..... My call time was 6.30 am (never easy for anyone!)... I was one of the first batch of people to arrive at Padang MPK2 because in the live morning show from the location called "Pagi @ Jom Heboh", fellow TV3 personality Tabah Shazwan (who hosts Scoreboard) and myself had to perform the flying fox for live tv! The two hosts on Saturday were Ally Iskandar and Zetty.... This is them preparing for their live telecast...



And this is Tabah and I all geared up in safety equipment for the flying fox....



Tabah - Eh! Takut juga kan nak buat benda ni... Sasha, macam mana nak buat ni??!!


Me - Terbang aje! Tak sempat nak panic mesti dah habis!


He survived.... and at the end of it said to me "Cepatnya habis!".... yes, exactly what I told you!


Sorry but no picture of us actually doing the stunt...

During Jom Heboh, I also did my first live crossover. I was SO NERVOUS! My task was to interview the manager of the Paintball activity so viewers knew what activities are available at Jom Heboh.... I sent an sms to my family to watch the live crossover and they said they didn't think I was nervous.... So I think it's pretty safe to say I did ok....

Over the duration of the weekend I participated in lots of activities at the various booths and took posed and smiled for lots and lots of pictures... I remember the very first time I attended Jom Heboh my show Explorace - Season 3 wasn't on yet... So no one ever asked to take a picture with me... Now... things are very different for me at Jom Heboh...

The biggest highlight of Jom Heboh is definitely the concert featuring various Malaysian singers on Sunday night.... The crowd is unbelievable! Just take a look at the picture below.... this is only 25% percent of the crowd!


They were so excited about the show... when I went forward on the stage to take the photo above, they started clapping and cheering... it's not very clear in the picture but many of them started waving the big red hand shaped card board thing they received while at Jom Heboh!

And of course all of us personalities on the stage posing for my camera.... even after two long days of endless photo taking with the crowd of Jom Heboh, I had no problem getting them to gether to pose for more.... I suppose if we didn't love being in front of the camera we shouldn't be doing this job!!!!

There was also a huge hot air balloon during the concert which completely fascinated the crowd!


After the launch of the concert, all of us were released from our duties and allowed to go back to the hotel.... all we wanted to do was have a good dcrub in the shower to remove all of the grime and sweat from the heat of the day....

Monday afternoon we all arrived back at the office and as soon as I got back in, I had preparations to do to direct my segment "Che AAA' for Apa-Apa Aje.... I really just wanted to go home and play with my cats, but work needs to be done first...

Yesterday I successfully directed a shoot covering 3 episodes of 'Che AAA' and now I need to prepare for a shoot next week for "Luahan Hati' and find more locations for 'Che AAA'...

What a week ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From being involved in just 1 TV3 programme, you have now done remarkably well to progress into more programmes. With your background in the performing arts (theatre & dance?) & your perseverance, I believe there can only be 1 way for you - forwards!