Thursday, December 14, 2006

KL Fashion Week

Yes, yes... i've been terrible.. promising pictures and and not showing. Since I am still waiting for the professional photos of KL Fashion Week to arrive, I thought I would at least put up these photos which were taken by close friends who came to the event.


This pic is of me back stage before Richard Tsen's show.. I'm wearing my long warm and comfortable cardigan robe as it was absolutely freezing!!! Food was served back stage.. the only people I saw eating was the crew. not the models.. I saw the models smoke though.. a lot... i did neither.... not because I don't want to eat, but because I don't want to accidently spill food on my clothes before the show. The shows are very important to the designer so I don''t like disrespecting the designers hard work so avoid any mishaps...

on the catwalk.... I slipped a little bit... aaaargh!!! not too noticeable.... didn't fall flat on my butt like what naomi campbell did at a vivenne westwood show! but a few other models slipped in the same spot.. so i conclude it wasn't me being clumsy.. it was the catwalk!!!

this purple sequinned dress is totally outrageous!!! It looks so much better in real life and i know looked fabulous on the catwalk... I could just feel it! I had to walk very small steps because there was no slits in the skirt and i remember feeling like it was taking FOREVER to walk down the catwalk, but when I look at the video, it looks like I'm walking normally... hmmmmm. something to remember....



marion and i strutting our stuff.... i remember her whispering loudly as we were walking down.. "Slow Down!!! I can't walk fast!!!".. her skirt had no slits no it was very small steps for her in this one!!!


Richard and I being interviewed by Gillian Hung..

Now this is proof of how make up and hair can drastically change ones appearance...

this is me with hair spray and hair pin free hair and totally clean face... looking very human....

and this is after!!!!


I remember looking in the mirror after all this was done and thinking to myself.. oh my god!!! I cannot pull this look off!!

But that is the challenge..... carrying with confidence the look that is put onto us.... My responsibility is to bring the designer's vision to life on the catwalk...

I must have done ok... because later that night I received a message from Richard Tsen which read "Thanks for the show today. you make my work so special"

Modelling in KL Fashion Week was a dream come true! I can't remember if I've told you this before but I've been going to fashion shows since I was 5 years old. Receiving this opportunity was such an honour!

I hope this is not my last appearance on a catwalk because I would absolutely love to do it again!

And as for the hair, I had to go to a hair dresser to get it all washed up... it took four rounds of shampoo to get ALL the hair spray out!!!

No comments: